Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To agree the Council's overall approach in
relation to environmental sustainability
1. That the Executive recognises the need for urgent action on climate change and environmental sustainability issues
2. That the Environmental Sustainability Strategy (Annex 1) and accompanying action plan and performance measures (Annexes 2 and 3) be approved for publication and implementation
3. That the Head of Corporate Policy be authorised, in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Neighbourhood Services, to make any additional minor amendments to the Environmental Sustainability Strategy to ensure factual accuracy and clarity prior to publication
4. That the Executive agrees to continue with the cross-party member task group to review and feed back on the implementation of the Environmental Sustainability Strategy, and that progress in delivering the strategy will be reported annually.
5. That the Executive supports the overall approach within the recently adopted Surrey County Council Climate Change Strategy and commits to continue to work with the County Council and other Surrey boroughs and districts to develop a jointly owned action plan and achieve shared climate change objectives.
Reason Key: Affects more than 1 ward;
Corporate Priorities : A great place to live and work.;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Catherine Rose, Head of Corporate Policy Email: Catherine.Rose@reigate-banstead.gov.uk Tel: 01737 276766.
Publication date: 31/07/2020
Date of decision: 28/07/2020
Decided at meeting: 28/07/2020 - Executive
Effective from: 08/08/2020