Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the 2021/22 provisional budget
proposal for consultation with the Overview and Scrutiny Committee
in accordance with the Policy Framework and Budget Procedure rules
within the Constitution and with the Business Community to comply
with statutory requirements.
1. That the national and local policy context (Annex 1 to the report) be noted.
2. That the service proposals set out in the report which seek to respond to this context and deliver our corporate priorities, be endorsed.
3. That the draft business plans for 2021/22 to 2023/24 be approved, and that Heads of Service be authorised to finalise the plans for their service areas, in consultation with the relevant Portfolio Holders.
4. That the following be approved for consultation under the Council’s budget and policy framework:
a. Medium Term Financial Plan Summary (Annex 2 to the report)
b. Revenue Budget Savings and Additional Income proposals totalling (£2.094) million (Annex 3 to the report)
c. Revenue Budget Growth proposals totalling £0.812 million (Annex 3 to the report)
d. Forecast ongoing income budget pressures in 2021/22 as a consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic totalling £1.610 million (Annex 2 to the report)
e. Capital Programme Growth and Reprofiling proposals resulting in a net reduction in the five-year Capital Programme of (£0.286) million (Annex 4 to the report)
f. Revenue Reserve Balances at 1 April 2020 of £35.391 million (Annex 6.1 to the report)
5. That the Fees & Charges Policy (Annex 5 to the report) be approved.
6. That the Reserves Policy (Annex 6.2 to the report) be approved.
7. That the Medium Term Financial Plan forecast for 2022/23 onwards (Annex 2 to the report) and proposed actions to address the forecast revenue budget gap be noted.
8. That the modified housing benefit schemes, whereby prescribed war disablement pensions and war widow’s pensions are disregarded, be continued.
9. That the Executive recommends to the Council the adoption of a new council tax policy to apply a 300% council premium for properties that have been empty for more than 10 years with effect from 1 April 2021.
Reason Key: Changes to Budget and Policy Frameworks;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: David Brown, Finance Manager Email: David.Brown@reigate-banstead.gov.uk.
Report author: David Brown
Publication date: 24/11/2020
Date of decision: 19/11/2020
Decided at meeting: 19/11/2020 - Executive
Effective from: 02/12/2020