Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved (subject to call-in)
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the 2022/23 provisional budget
proposal for consultation with the Overview and Scrutiny Committee
in accordance with the Policy Framework and Budget Procedure rules
within the Constitution and with the Business Community to comply
with statutory requirements.
1. That the national and local policy context (Annex 1) and significant financial uncertainties at this stage in the budget-setting process be noted.
2. That the service proposals set out in the report which seek to respond to this context and deliver our corporate priorities, be endorsed.
3. That the draft service business plans for 2022/23 to 2024/25 be approved, and that Heads of Service be authorised to finalise the plans for their service areas, in consultation with the relevant Portfolio Holders.
4. That the following be approved for consultation under the Council’s budget and policy framework:
a) Medium Term Financial Plan Summary (Annex 2);
b) Revenue Budget Savings and Additional Income proposals totalling £0.566 million (Annex 3);
c) Revenue Budget Growth proposals totalling £0.567 million (Annex 3) ;
d) Forecast ongoing income budget pressures in 2022/23 as a consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic totalling £1.300 million (Annex 2);
e) Revenue Reserve Balances at 1 April 2021 of £41.738 million (Annex 6.1);
f) A forecast Revenue budget gap for 2022/23 of £0.718 million after taking account of the Service and Central budget growth and savings proposals in this report, plus the additional requirement to invest £0.269 million in IT Resilience, resulting in a total forecast gap at this point in the budget-setting process of 0.987 million for 2022/23.
5. That the Fees & Charges Policy (Annex 5) be approved.
6. That the Reserves Policy (Annex 6.2) be approved.
7. That the Medium Term Financial Plan forecast for 2023/24 onwards (Annex 2) and proposed actions to address the forecast revenue budget gap be noted.
8. That the Local Council Tax Support Scheme be reviewed during 2022/23 and the outcome reported as part of Service & Financial Planning for 2023/24.
Reason Key: Changes to Budget and Policy Frameworks;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Report author: David Brown
Publication date: 22/11/2021
Date of decision: 18/11/2021
Decided at meeting: 18/11/2021 - Executive
Date comes into force if not called in: 30/11/2021
Call-in deadline date: 29/11/2021
Current call-in Count: 0