Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
To consider the Council Motion about
retrofitting insulation that was referred to the Executive at Full
Council on 7 April 2022
That the Executive:
1) Noted the motion as presented to Full Council on 7 April 2022.
2) Agreed the importance of retrofitting insulation to domestic properties in the borough, both because of the reductions in carbon emissions that this brings and its ability to improve living conditions and reduce energy bills for residents.
3) Noted the work that is currently underway by officers in relation to domestic retrofit (including in relation to areas of activity covered in the Council motion) and the progress that has been made to date, but also the scale of the challenge associated with domestic retrofit, and the need for Government action to help enable activity to be scale up both nationally and locally to achieve carbon reduction targets.
4) Agreed that the Leader of the Council write to the Prime Minister, Chancellor of the Exchequer and COP26 President requested government support to address the domestic retrofit challenges faced by local government generally and in Reigate & Banstead specifically.
5) Requested that the Head of Corporate Policy keeps the need for a local retrofit task force and local training and delivery partnerships under review and that any additional actions required are proposed via the annual Environmental Sustainability Strategy progress report.
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Alan Mills, Digital Delivery Manager Email: Alan.Mills@reigate-banstead.gov.uk Tel: 01737 276121, Catherine Rose, Head of Corporate Policy Email: Catherine.Rose@reigate-banstead.gov.uk Tel: 01737 276766.
Publication date: 28/06/2022
Date of decision: 23/06/2022
Decided at meeting: 23/06/2022 - Executive