At the meeting of Council held on 13 December
2018 members considered a report (Item 9) setting out the proposals
for polling districts and polling places following the
recommendations of the Local Boundary Commission for England for
new and revised local electoral arrangement for the borough.
1.To note that the recommendations made by the Local Government Boundary Commission for England (LGBCE), for new ward boundaries within the borough of Reigate and Banstead, would be implemented and take effect from the local
government elections due to be held on 2 May 2019, subject to Parliamentary approval as follows:
* Reigate and Banstead would be represented by 45 councillors
* Reigate and Banstead would have 15 wards
* The boundaries of all wards would change
2. That the revised schedule of polling districts and polling places set out in Annex A be approved, subject to any changes arising from the outstanding consultation (dealt with under Resolution 3 below).
3. That the (Acting) Returning Officer, in consultation with Ward councillors, be delegated authority to designate any polling places following further
Site visits and assessments were carried out in accordance with Electoral Commission guidance to St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, Redhill and Redhill Methodist Church, Redhill.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Notice of proposed decision first published: 07/02/2019
Decision due: 23 Jan 2019 by (Acting) Returning Officer
Contact: John Jory, Chief Executive Email: John.Jory@reigate-banstead.gov.uk Tel: 01737 276151.