Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider the future of the three community
centres in Banstead, Woodhatch and Horley.
RESOLVED that the Executive:
1. Approve Option 1 and agree that the community centres in Banstead, Woodhatch and Horley will be operated by the Council as multi-use community centres.
2. Agree that a programme of work commences to deliver multi-use community centres.
3. Agree to the allocation of £15k from Corporate Plan Delivery Fund Reserve in 2021/22 to deliver re-branding and marketing for the centres.
4. Note the development of a budget growth proposal of £71k for new staff resource through service & financial planning for 2022/23 onwards to deliver and sustain this change.
5. Agree that the oversight of this change and decisions on the operating model and service offer should be delegated to the Head of Community Partnerships in consultation with the Executive Member for Community Partnerships.
Reason Key: Expenditure > £250,000;
Corporate Priorities : Supporting residents to enjoy healthy and happy lifestyles.;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Isabel Wootton, Transformation Manager Email: Isabel.Wootton@reigate-banstead.gov.uk Tel: 01737 276333.
Publication date: 26/07/2021
Date of decision: 22/07/2021
Decided at meeting: 22/07/2021 - Executive
Effective from: 03/08/2021